When I buy a vehicle, especially a used one, I follow the following steps to bring the vehicle up to the level of how I expect the vehicle to look and function. Typically I break them down into 5 stages.
- Get it in running order – This means to fix all known issues of mechanical nature. Tuneups are included in this.
- Clean it up – This refers to making the vehicle presentable. Things in this category are fixing lights/bulbs, seats/covers, other superficial presentation items. –
- Stereo and ICE – At this point the vehicle should be running well and look decent, but the sound system has got to go. We add new speakers, head unit and subs into this area
- Mod’s – This step adds new things like a performance exhaust, upgrading brakes, trunk liners, etc.
- Paint – Make it pretty and you are all done.