First point of order. Sotomayor is a racist, reverse racist and that’s hard to argue. The remark was actually made during a 2001 speech at the University of California’s Berkeley School of Law. The lecture was published the following year in the Berkeley La Raza Law Journal.
“I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.”
According to the American Bar Association, Sotomayor is a member of the NCLR (National Council of La Raza), which bills itself as the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States but take a look at what the organization really advocates.
To reinforce the importance of this association note that Sotomayor has said “I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.” The remark was made in a 2001 speech at the University of California’s Berkeley School of Law. The lecture was published the following year in the Berkeley La Raza Law Journal.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich wrote: “Imagine a judicial nominee said ‘my experience as a white man makes me better than a Latina woman. Wouldn’t they have to withdraw? New racism is no better than old racism. A white man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw.”
Michelle Malkin has listed are the top ten positions of La Raza that should give everyone reasons why Sotomayor should not be confirmed to the high court because of her association with La Raza alone.
10. La Raza supports driver’s licenses for illegal aliens.
9. La Raza supports in-state tuition discounts for illegal alien students that are not available to law-abiding US citizens and law-abiding legal immigrants.
8. La Raza opposes cooperative immigration enforcement efforts between local, state, and federal authorities.
7. La Raza sponsors militant ethnic nationalist charter schools subsidized by your public tax dollars, including the “Aztlan Academy” in Tucson, AZ, the Mexicayotl Academy in Nogales, AZ, and Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School in St. Paul, Minn.
6. La Raza gives mainstream cover to a poisonous subset of ideological satellites, led by Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan (MEChA), which the late GOP Rep. Charlie Norwood rightly characterized as “a radical racist group… [and] one of the most anti-American groups in the country, which has permeated U.S. campuses since the 1960s, and continues its push to carve a racist nation out of the American West.”
5. La Raza opposes a secure fence on the southern border.
4. Former La Raza president Raul Yzaguirre, Hillary Clinton’s Hispanic outreach advisor said this:
“US English is to Hispanics as the Ku Klux Klan is to blacks.” He was referring to US English the nation’s oldest, largest citizens’ action group dedicated to preserving the unifying role of the English language in the United States. La Raza also pioneered Orwellian open-borders Newspeak and advised the Mexican government on how to lobby for illegal alien amnesty while avoiding the terms “illegal” and “amnesty.”
3. La Raza is currently leading a smear campaign against staunch immigration enforcement leaders and has called for TV and cable TV networks to keep immigration enforcement proponents off the airwaves-in addition to pushing for Fairness Doctrine policies to shut up their foes.
2. La Raza has consistently opposed post-9/11 national security measures at every turn.
1. The National Council of La Raza means The National Council of “The Race,” for God’s sake.”