Moving along with my updating Top posts, this installment is:
Top 5 Dream Theater Albums (in order of love)
- Awake – 1994. This is the CD I had on my person when I flew to Arizona in October of 1994. I swear it has groove marks over the tracks Voices and Scarred.
- The Astonishing – 2016. It’s got it’s own tag and completed breakdown. The concert was the most incredible experience I think I’ve had at a show.
- Images and Words – 1992. The album that started it all for me. Pull me Under
- Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory– 1999. Such an amazing piece of work. Had it been around the time of my Dream Theater introduction, this would be at the top of the list. Just amazing work, possibly their best overall work, lyrics, sound, textures. If you want the essence of them, that’s the album.
- Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence – 2002. A double CD containing the title track as it’s own ~45 minute track and another CD for some incredible tracks like The Glass Prison, The Great Debate (not enough props for it) and Misunderstood.
was their first track that I heard and was hooked instantly. I had to get to a record store (those existed in the 90’s) and buy the CD that day. I still have that exact one, as with Awake.